Cicero’s overview of news, press releases, and images
Cicero Group is proud to be the first corporate communications agency to sign the HM Treasury’s Women in Finance Charter. By signing up to this charter, we have made a commitment to drive change and promote gender diversity at all levels in the agency. At Cicero we believe gender balance is vital for success in an industry where people and diversity of thought are our best assets.
Harnessing the talents of women in financial services and beyond is one of our strategic diversity priorities and we are delighted to make this commitment. As the only communications agency to sign the charter, Cicero believes it has a role to play in driving equality across the financial services industry.
Cicero offers unique career opportunities to those with an interest in both public affairs and communications. A number of our clients have a financial services focus and therefore when hiring and developing the very best talent to deliver excellence to our clients, Cicero often places a high emphasis on knowledge and experience of the industry.
As part of this commitment we have set ourselves the following gender diversity targets and will produce annual public reports on our progress towards:
- 50% of all total new hires and interns going forward should be women (with a 10% confidence interval)
- A commitment that all managers will do unconscious bias training before September 2017.
- Review and improve our family friendly and work life balance policies by September 2017.
- Inspire and create more opportunities for our junior to mid-level female talent to become leaders of the future by designing and implementing a programme of training and development by September 2019.
- Inspire young female talent prior to entering the workplace to increase female talent pipelines.
We are delighted to have appointed Judith Becker, Executive Director as responsible for driving these targets and ensuring they stay at the top of the board level agenda.
‘We are really excited to make a start towards achieving these targets and working with others in the industry to share best practice towards our common goal of gender diversity in financial services. Cicero’s leadership team are extremely engaged in really making a difference towards equalising opportunities at Cicero in all areas of diversity and we have already received a positive reaction from our employees when announcing our engagement with the charter. We look forward to reporting our progress towards these targets next year.’ (Judith Becker, Executive Director)
Tweets by @CiceroGlobal